Open: Monday to Friday 9am - 8pm, Saturday 9am - 1pm (by appointment) ☏ 01603 961618
Critical Illness Cover
How does Critical Illness Cover work?
Critical Illness Cover protects you against a pre-defined list of medical conditions set out by the insurer, typical examples being Heart Attack, Stroke, Cancer (not all types of cancer are covered), Multiple Sclerosis and many more conditions.
How much you would like to cover yourself for mainly depends on your budget and priorities. You may have a set amount of cover that you think you would require but ultimately it has to be affordable for you month on month.
Critical Illness Cover is there to protect you and your family by providing a lump sum payment if any of the persons covered are diagnosed with one of the conditions covered by their policy. Being diagnosed with a critical illness is devastating and can put immense financial pressure on everyone involved. This cover gives you peace of mind, knowing that you will be looked after if your need to make a claim arises.
Did you know?
- 1 in 2 people will get cancer at some point in their lives
- Only 1 in 10 adults in the UK has Critical Illness Cover
- You are 6x more likely to claim on a Critical Illness Cover than Life Insurance
- The average age for claiming Critical Illness Cover is 48
- 65% of payouts are Cancer related
- 13% of payouts are Heart related
- 6% of payouts are Stroke related
Source: Legal & General 2018
There are many different elements to Critical Illness Cover, we can help to tailor a policy to suit your needs.
Please note: You must keep up your premium payments on a policy to avoid the policy being cancelled.